Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Multi-tasking

Just thinking about why it's been a while since my last post. Work has been busy, and not just for me, it's the whole office running around like crazy. It's the good kind of busy though, and everybody seems to be handling the stress well.

I'm assisting on a new project which is going to be technically very interesting and should be a Revit project, but isn't. The garage project is going full steam ahead, and (sadly) the big headache project just won't go away.

I've had about two weeks now where almost every day I'm bouncing between multiple tasks on multiple projects with each task interrupting another. The weird thing is, I like it. It used to be that this would stress me out and I'd go home frustrated. Now I feel like I'm accomplishing a lot in my day and am leaving work satisfied. What a change from the fear I was feeling a few months ago.

I was just thinking that the blog was meant to help me learn how to be a leader, and that now that I'm leading more maybe I didn't need to blog as much.

I'm still not a Leader yet though. As good as I feel about myself, I know that in the eyes of my employers I'm not where they want me to be yet. This is good. It's not supposed to be easy after all. I'm glad that I'm enjoying it.

Knock on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment